Mhalbi or Mhalbiya is an Algerian traditional creamy dessert made with ground rice. This dessert is served cold and decorated with nuts. This Mhalbi dessert is so appetizing and divine yummy.
Mhalbi with Cinnamon
( Serves 7 persons)
- Ramekins/ glasses
- 1 Litre of milk
- 7 tablespoons of ground rice
- Vanilla powder
- 6 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of rose water (Orange flower blossom)
- Cinnamon powder
- In a pan pour milk, add 6 tablespoons of ground rice, and 6 tablespoons of sugar. Combine the ingredients well and cook over low medium heat.
- Whisk continuously with a wooden spoon until the mixture becomes thick and starts to boil.
- Remove from heat, discard 1 tablespoon of vanilla powder and 1 tablespoon of rose water.
- Separate the rice pudding cream into your ramekins or glasses and decorate with cinnamon powder and some of your favorite nuts.
- Set in the fridge for 4 hours or more.
- Bonne Appétit and enjoy your Mhalbi fellas!