Treat yourself at home at the weekend after an exhausting week and make your own at-home SPA day with less budget.
Here are the best steps that you should follow to pamper yourself because after all, life is too short to not treat yourself to destress and relax.
Pampering yourself can enhance your mood and lead you to think clearer and help you to be more focused.
What do you need for your at-home SPA ?
- Cozy robe and slippers.
- Hair mask.
- Moisturizing face mask.
- Hydrating body cream or oil.
- Rose water.
- Body scrub.
- Shampoo and conditioner.
- Bath bombs.
- Oil diffuser.
- Facial steam.
- Eye mask.
- Manicure objects.
- Ice cubes.
- Cotton pads.
- A jade roller face massage.
- A clean atmosphere.
First of all, wear your cosy robe and slippers.
Light a couple of perfumes candles and an essential oil diffuser.
Use lavender aromatherapy scent to help you relax and feel at ease.
Prepare your towels and all the mentioned above bath things.
First things first, let’s start with the hair before taking a bath you need to make a DIY hair mask or use a ready hair mask that suits the type of your hair.
DIY hair mask for damaged dry hair
- 1/2 Avocado
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of coconut oil.
- one egg.
- 1 teaspoon of hair conditioner.
- Capsule of vitamin E
- In a bowl, mash the avocado with a fork.
- Add the oils and the beaten egg.(you can use a blender)
- Apply the mixture on your hair from roots to tips then wrap your hair.
- Leave on your hair for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
DIY hair mask for oily and greasy hair
- 1egg white
- 1 table spoon of apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- Beat the white egg and add to it ACV and honey.
- Apply the mask on your hair scalp and cover your hair with a shower cap.
- leave on your hair for 1 hour.
DIY hair mask for dandruff and flakes
- 1 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons of ACV
- 3 drops of tea tree oil
- a spray bottle
- Mix well the ingredients together and pour the mixture in a spray bottle.
- Spray the mixture on your scalp and cover your hair with a cap.
- Leave for 30 minutes .
Notice: Use a wide-tooth comb to distribute the masks on your hair.
Now, we’ve done with the hair, let’s move on to the facial skin.
2. Facial Skin
First of all, you need to clean your face with micellar water and cotton pads to take off all the dirt and oils from your face.
Use a homemade face exfoliator or use an affordable exfoliator product that you get from the drugstore that suits your skin.
Next, use at-home facial steam with essential oils and lemon to open your pores. The facial steam treatment helps you get rid of black and whiteheads.
Use a tool to remove the black and whiteheads on your T-zone and cotton pads. Clean the tool with alcohol-water.
After that, choose a hydrating cream face mask or make your own homemade mask and apply it to your face.
DIY Greek yogurt and honey face mask
- one tablespoon of Greek yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 drop of rose water (optional)
- Mix the ingredients together
- Apply the mask gently all over your face
- Leave the mask for 20 minutes.
DIY banana face mask
- 1/2 a banana
- 1 TBSP of honey
- 5 drops of lemon juice
- Mash a banana with a fork.
- Add one tablespoon of honey and 5 drops of lemon juice.
- Apply the mask on your face and leave for 20 minutes.
After applying the mask and rinsing your face with water, use a roller face massage to boost blood circulation and increase lymphatic drainage.
After finishing the face massage, use ice cubes to close the pores and get rid of wrinkles and signs of ageing.
You can’t end up with your at-home SPA without using an under-eye mask to reduce dark circles and puffiness under the eyes.
Cut a cucumber into thin slices, freeze for 10 minutes and place gently on your close lids.
You can use chilled tea bags or cold rose water compresses.
At first, fill in your bathtub with water and use your favourite bath bomb to make your bath fizz with colours and more moisturizing.
Afterwards, scrub your body with your favourite body scrub or use a DIY coffee sugar scrub recipe that leaves your skin soft, reduces cellulite and stimulates blood circulation.
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of coffee ground
- 1 tablespoon of body gel lotion
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil or olive oil
- In a jar, mix up all the ingredients together.
- Scrub your body gently with this body scrub using circular movements.
After cleaning your body and washing your hair, apply a hydrating or moisturising creme or oil to your body while your skin is still damp.
5.Hand ,nails and foot
- Firstly, cut out the cuticles and take out all the dirt from your nails and toes.
- Secondly,trim and file your nails and toes.
- Thirdly,soak your foot in a basin filled with warm water, Epson salt, vinegar, and liquid soap for 20 minutes.
- Use a natural pumice stone to exfoliate your skin feet with circular motions.
- Finally, Apply a moisturizer cream, lotion, or oil.
Moreover, after finishing your bath, make sure to massage your hands and cuticles with a hand cream or oils.
Dry your hair with a microfibre towel and apply hair serum or cream.
Wear comfy pyjamas or anything that makes you comfortable.
The last step before finishing your at-home SPA day is to perfume yourself by choosing a flowery perfume scent that makes you feel chilled and calm.
Make sure to hydrate your face and lips well after the bath.