If you are a chocolate lover you will enjoy making this deliciously simple recipe made at home, easy steps and it does not take much of your time.
One of my favourite things during rainy days is to make a chocolate cake with a hot cup of chocolate milk and enjoy reading a book. So, folks, I hope you are all fine, let’s start!
For ( 10 servings)
For the cake you ‘ll need:
- 4 large eggs ( room temperature)
- 2 tablespoons of baking powder ( 20 grams)
- 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder (sifted)
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- a pinch of salt
- Lemon zest
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- Whipped cream
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 lemon circles
In a large pan mix the ingredients together and let the syrup boil for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180 ° C, grease a cake pan and dust with cocoa powder.
- In a large mixing bowl mix eggs, salt, and sugar. Whisk constantly for 3-4 minutes until the mixture changes colour.
- Now add oil, lemon zest and 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder. Mix another time.
- Now add purpose flour and baking powder and mix again until the butter becomes thin.
- Place the butter into your cake pan. Bake for approximately 25 minutes ( it all depends on your oven).
- Place your cake on wire cake and let it cool.
Chocolate ganache :
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 small cup of milk
- 1/2 cocoa powder
- 1/2 vegetable oil
- In a mixing bowl, place cocoa powder, sugar, and milk mix gently and add oil gradually until you obtain a thick chocolate cream. finally, add vanilla powder and mix again.
- Cut your cake into two parts and pour syrup on the top of the first layer.
- Fill the first layer with whipped cream and place the second layer of the cake on the top of the first one and pour syrup on it.
- Pour the chocolate ganache on the top of your cake and decorate it.
I hope you will try it and you will enjoy this homemade chocolate cake.