Beignets (Ben-yeys) are my favorite doughnuts during summer with apricot jam. Today, I’m going to share with you an easy beignets pastry with basic ingredients that are available in every kitchen.
- 1 pot of yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons of oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of yeast powder
- Warm water
you need a heavy frying saucepan+oil
you need sugar+apricot jam
- In a large bowl, stir 1 tbsp of yeast powder with warm water and set aside to rise.
- After 5 minutes, add 1 pot of yoghurt,1tbsp of sugar,3tbsps of oil, a pinch of salt, and 1 egg. Mix all the ingredients together.
- Add purpose flour gradually to the first mixture. If you can’t form a ball add warm water to the dough until it’s fully incorporated.
- Put the dough in a bowl, cover with a plastic and allow to proof for 45 minutes.
- Place your dough on a well-floured surface, roll the dough out to 0.5 cm.
- Cut the dough with a cutter and put them onto a floured baking sheet to rest for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large frying saucepan (medium heat) and fry your dough until golden and brown on both sides.
- Remove from oil onto a paper towel to absorb the excess of oil.
- Roll your beignets in sugar and inject 1 tsp of apricot jam in the centre of each doughnut.
- Enjoy your tasteful beignets and Bon Appétit!