Peppermint -A brief definition
Scientific name: Mentha Piperita or Mentha Balsamea Wild.
Height: 30- 70 cm.
Habitat: yards, gardens, agricultural fields, and in the wilderness (wet areas).
Peppermint essential oil is one of the oldest aromatic oils. It is derived from the peppermint plant leaves by distillation and evaporation. This oil contains many naturally rich compounds such as Menthol, which is considered an essential compound and has a strong aromatic aroma. In addition, peppermint oil contains numerous vitamins, including vitamin A and vitamin C. Also, some nutrients like calcium, iron, potassium, folate, and magnesium.
Health and Beauty Benefits Of Peppermint Oil
- Peppermint essential oil helps get rid of headaches, stress, and chronic fatigue syndrome.
- Run a bath. Put a few drops of peppermint oil, a few drops of lavender oil then get in. This bath will help you relax and relieve pains.
Furthermore, inhaling peppermint oil eliminates the effects of nausea and headaches, or by applying it on the forehead.
Dental and Oral Care
Furthermore, Peppermint oil has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties that are effective to eliminate bad breath or (Halitosis). Treat toothaches, fight germs and it is added as well to toothpaste compounds to prevent anti-decay.
Treat Nail Infections
- Prevent fungus infections and treat injuries and wounds.
- Put some drops of peppermint oil and apply them to the affected area.
- Peppermint oil is an effective remedy to treat respiratory problems such as asthma, bronchitis, influenza, cold, and cough and this is due to the essential presence of menthol.
- This oil has a psychedelic effect on the skin to treat skin itching, irritations, and allergies. Dilute peppermint oil and apply it to your skin.
- Massage gently with circular motions every day before bed.
- Menthol properties in peppermint oil are effective to treat acne inflammation and reduce the excess sebum from the skin.
Hair Benefits of Peppermint Oil
- It is beneficial to treat dandruff: add a few drops of peppermint oil to your shampoo. It gives a cooling effect to the head.
- Increase hair growth: mix coconut oil with 6 drops of peppermint oil. Massage your hair and leave it for 1 hour.
- It strengthens hair and helps to balance out sebum production and get rid of greasy hair. Mix peppermint oil, tea tree oil, castor oil, and vitamin E oil. Apply the mixture into your hair and leave it for 1 hour.
Notice: don’t overuse peppermint essential oil. It should be mixed and diluted before use.