French Flan Tart Ingredients:
- 2 cups of floor
- Half a cup of oil
- 8 tablespoons of milk
- One tablespoon of vanilla powder
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- Preheat oven to 180°.
- In a bowl, mix flour with oil and sugar until mixture turn to crumbles.
- Add vanilla powder, one teaspoon of baking powder, 1 egg and finally milk until the dough holds.
- Wrap the dough with a paper film and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Now, in a pastry dish roll out the dough and bake for 15 minutes.
Pastry cream for flan tart:
- 1 litre of milk
- 2 yolks
- 4 tablespoons of sugar
- 50 grams of vanilla flan powder
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla liquid
- 4 tablespoons of corn flour powder or custard powder
In a bowl beat the 2 yolks with sugar, on the other hand, in a saucepan pour 1 litre of milk,1 tbsp of vanilla liquid, 4 tbsp of corn flour and 50 grams of vanilla flan powder. Combine well and pour the yolk egg that you have prepared before.
Now mix all and put the saucepan on a medium heat, stir frequently until the mixture becomes thick.
Now after 15 minutes take off the pastry dish from oven pour the pastry cream on it and bake it again until the fond of the tart become brown and gold.
After cooling down five minutes, use a brush and glaze the top with apricot jam.
cool and refrigerate over 5 hours before you serve it.
Enjoy your french flan tart! Bon Appétit