Tomato is a fruit that is made up of 95% of water. It comes in different varieties and colors. It has a potent source of vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin C, vitamin D, and vitamin K.
In addition, tomato is also a good source of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds like beta-carotene. Therefore, tomato is a potent natural ingredient that is included in many skincare routines to treat different skin issues.
Tomato Ice Cubes Benefits
1.Tomato juice is rich in antioxidants that combat the excess of sebum production on the skin.
2.Tighten Large Pores: tomato juice helps constrict wide pores.Simply,rub your face with tomato ice cubes and leave 5 minutes.
3.Prevent Signs of Ageing: tomato is fully loaded with vitamin B and antioxidants that contribute to combat and prevent signs of aging, wrinkles, and fine lines.
4.Collagen Production: vitamin C and anti-oxidants in tomatoes stimulate collagen production on skin and regenerate skin cells.
5.Lighten Skin: using tomato juice in your skincare face masks is effective because it contains a large amount of vitamin C,vitamin E,and betacarotene that acts as a natural bleaching agent and reduce skin pigmentation.
6.Acne and Blackheads: tomato contains vitamin A, vitamin C, and salicylic acid that balance the pH level in the skin and absorbs the excess oils.
Thus, applying tomato juice on the face removes all dirt from the skin, prevents acne and blackheads from forming.
How to make tomato ice cubes for face ?
- 2 fresh tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of rose water
- Lavender oil ( you can use any other essential oil)
- An ice tray
- Firstly, grate the two tomatoes in a kitchen grater until you obtain the tomato juice.
- Secondly, add 2 tablespoons of rose water and 3 drops of lavender oil.
- Thirdly, mix well the ingredients and pour in an ice tray and let set in a freezer for 24 hours.
- More importantly, use just one tomato ice cube after you apply facial masks on a clean face to shrink pores and lighten skin.
- Stock the other tomato ice cubes in a freezer and take just what you need
- In conclusion, these tomato ice cubes are conservable for up to 2 months.