This is a recipe of brioche tarts with sliced apples, cinnamon, and brown sugar on the top then glazed with honey. Delicious and easy to make at home, so let’s get started.
10 apple brioche tarts
- 250 g all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp of salt
- 10 g of dried instant yeast
- 1 egg room temperature
- 30 g of brown sugar
- 80 ml of cooking oil
- 1 tsp of vinegar
- 50 g unsalted butter (room temperature)
- warm water
- 1 lemon zest
- 5 apples sliced thinly
- chopped almonds
- brown sugar
- 1 yolk for egg wash
- honer for glazing
- In a bowl, mix dried ingredients together flour, sugar, salt, zest of 1 lemon together and set aside.
- In another bowl, combine water and yeast and set aside for 10 minutes until it starts foaming.
- whisk 1 egg with vinegar and add it to the yeast mixture.
- Now combine the yeast mixture with the dried ingredients. Add oil, and butter mix with a mixer at low speed.
- while the mixer is on low speed, start to add water gradually and mix in a medium speed.
- mix for 8 minutes, the dough should be smooth, soft and sticky.
- Place the dough in a large greased bowl and cover with a plastic wrap until the dough has doubled in size.
- while the dough is rising, slice your apples and put lemon juice on the top to keep apples turning brown.
- when the dough has doubled in size, punch it down and let it rise for the second time in a warm place.
- When the dough is ready, roll it down and devise it into 10 balls.
- place the balls into a greased baking sheet, separate between the balls because they ‘ll rise again.
- with your fingers, press down each ball, use oil to keep the sticky dough from binding to fingers.
- Fan the sliced apples on the top and put small slices of butter.
- sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon on the top.
- brush the borders of each tart with egg wash and decorate with chopped almonds.
- Preheat oven to 180° C /350° F.
- Cover your baking sheet and let the dough rise in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Bake the tarts until the apples caramelized and the tarts become golden and brown.
- Set the tarts to cool down and glaze the top of each tart with warm honey.
- Enjoy your brioche apple tarts!