Eucalyptus is one of the most well-known evergreen tree species native to Australia. It belongs to the Myrtaceae family. Its pungent bluish-green leaves contain rich medicinal properties and fragrant volatile oil that has antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, and eucalyptol which has antibacterial properties.
In fact, Eucalyptus leaves contain flavonoids, tannins that reduce inflammation and phenolic acids. Eucalyptus essential oil is obtained by steam distillation. It is most popular for its ability to treat colds and flu, hair care, wrinkles, and relieve pains.
Eucalyptus Essential Oil Benefits
Eucalyptus for Dental Care
Studies have shown that eucalyptus oil contains cineol; an antiseptic that kills bacteria and causes bad breath.
How to use it?
Add eucalyptus essential oil to your dental paste. Brush your teeth for 3 minutes.
Eucalyptus Mouthwash Recipe
- An empty bottle
- 5 drops of peppermint oil
- 5 drops of lemon oil
- 4 tablespoons of water
- 5 drops of clove oil
- 10 drops of eucalyptus oil
- 5 drops of cinnamon oil
In a large container mix all the oils together and use this mouthwash regularly.
- Eucalyptus oil contains anti-inflammatory properties that reduce skin inflammation and unify skin color.
- It is beneficial to clean your skin from impurities, acne, or other types of skin irritation.
- When it comes to skin moisturizing, eucalyptus oil is the best to moisturize your skin and keep it clear and fresh.
- Eucalyptus essential oil is excellent to treat many skin conditions. It is a natural antiseptic that treats wounds, insect bites, redness, and cuts.
- In addition, eucalyptus oil is rich with antioxidants that protect the skin against sun damage because it has a natural SPF3.
How to use eucalyptus oil to treat wounds?
Mix 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with 5 drops of eucalyptus oil. Apply it on the affected area gently with a cotton ball.
Aromatherapy: After a long day, you feel tired and exhausted eucalyptus oil is prized for its fresh and calming effects on the body and mind as well.
How to use it?
Diffuse: Add a few drops of eucalyptus oil and few drops of lavender oil to your air diffuser.
Bath: run a bath, add 5 drops of lavender oil, 5 drops of rose oil, 5drops chamomile oil, and five drops of eucalyptus oil.
- Eucalyptus oil stimulates hair follicles to grow by massaging the hair with circular motions and increase blood flow that ensures hair growth.
- Eucalyptus oil has antiseptic properties that eliminate dandruff and cleanse the oily scalp.
- It improves blood circulation in the blood that encourages hair growth.
Hair Mask using Eucalyptus Oil
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of eucalyptus
- 1 pot of yogurt
In a bowl, combine all the ingredients together. Apply the mask into your hair.leave for 1 hour.