Coloring your hair gives you vibrant, attractive hair color, and style. But to keep your color-treated hair soft and shiny is a hard thing.
Chemical treatments that alter your hair color can cause damage to your hair. Thus, dyed hair needs more protection and attention. Knowing how you take care of your color-treated hair is something important to keep your dye hair last longer and make it stay healthy and strong.
Tips to Protect and Take Care of Color-Treated Hair
- First things first, it’s not recommended to dye your hair by yourself at home. It’s preferable to do it in a hair salon with hair experts.
- Chose high-quality dye hair color brands that contain vitamins.
- After coloring your hair wait 3 or 4 days to shampoo your hair because the cuticle layer of your hair is fully open. Also to allow the color to soak into your hair cuticle and add more pigmentation.
- Use sulfate-free and without paraben shampoos and conditioners made for color-treated hair.
Some Sulfate-free Shampoo for Color-treated Hair
- You should wash your hair only 2 times a week: it may sound weird, but there is no need to wash your hair daily because it will cause your hair color to fade and dry.
- Use a soft wide-tooth hair comb to avoid hair loss, split ends, and breakages.
- Avoid hot water and use lukewarm water instead to wash off your hair.
- Reduce the use of a hairdryer and use heat protectants.
- Use a microfiber towel to dry your hair and absorb water easily.
- Avoid chlorine after hair dye, so make sure to use a swimming cap or apply a hair conditioner.
- Make a hot oil bath for hair before you wash it off.
- Eat healthily and consume more vitamins such as vitamin C.
If you have some other tips on how to protect color-treated hair please don’t hesitate to share them with us.