Rosemary or Rosmarinus officinalis is a member of the mint family that is used over centuries and has so many uses in cooking, medicine and beauty products.
1.Skin benefits of rosemary essential oil:
- Rosemary essential oil treats acne, dark spots and get rid of oily skin.
- It is rich with antioxidants and vitamins that renew skin cells, reduce aging, fine lines and wrinkles.
- Rosemary essential oil has antimicrobial and antiseptic qualities that make it beneficial to treat eczema, seborrheic dermatitis, and oily skin.
- Hydrate dry skin and get rid of freckles.
- Rosemary oil contains calcium, vitamin B 6 and iron that make skin flexible, soften and fresh.
- It is an anti-inflammatory for skin and treats burns.
- Reduce dark circles under the eyes.
- Improve blood circulation and get rid of cellulite.
- Treat dry and cracked feet.Mix 2 tablespoons of rosemary oil, 3 tablespoons of bicarbonate and 3 cups of warm water and put your feet for 15 minutes, when you finish hydrate your feet with rosemary oil.
- Deodorant for armpits: put rosemary oil in a cotton ball and wipe your armpits with it.
2.Rosemary essential oil benefits for hair:
- Rosmarinic acid in rosemary oil help in cleaning the bacteria and germs in the scalp.
- Do you suffer from hair fall problem? Don’t waste your time looking for the best treatment, rosemary essential oil will help you get rid of hair loss and stimulate hair growth.
Put 5 drops of rosemary oil on scalp and massage with your fingers for 2 minutes before shower.
- Rosemary oil nourishes and moisturizes the scalp to get rid of dryness.
- Use rosemary oil along with your regular shampoo by adding few drops of rosemary oil to your shampoo and rinse the scalp with it.
- If you have hints of grey hair rosemary oil help darkens the hair without using chemicals that can damage your hair.
caution: if you are pregnant don’t use rosemary essential oil because it can cause menstrual flow and abortion.